The Gabay Guro program aims to uplift the lives of the teachers in the Philippines through livelihood projects and scholarship.
Scholarships & More
The brainchild of PLDT chairman Manny V. Pangilinan and PLDT Finance Head Chaye Cabal-Revilla, Gabay Guro has been conducting English proficiency exercises and literacy training programs to thousands of teachers nationwide. In addition to its roster of esteemed trainers, Gabay Guro also enlists the country’s top motivational speakers to train Filipino educators.
- Gabay Guro Scholarship Program has over 1,300 scholarship grants in various state colleges and universities nationwide. 59% or more than 800 of which have graduated.
- Out of the 800 graduates, 234 or 29% graduated with honors, 41 Magna Cum Laude and 193 Cum Laude.
- There are over 500 (582 to be exact) Licensure Examination for Teachers (LET) passers and 455 active scholars as of last year.
- Gabay Guro has also partnered with local government units to add teacher education.
- It has conducted trainings for more than 20,000 teachers in the course of its 10 years.